Nigerian’s foiled attempt to poison friend: Lessons
A lot of Nigerians have reacted to a video that was shared on social media by a Twitter user. According to the video, a few friends were in a restaurant eating and drinking together. One of the boys amongst them decided to excuse himself to go pee, immediately he walked out something happened. The other friend immediately dropped something into his soft drink that he left on the table.
Luckily for the young man the people in the restaurant noticed when his friend dropped something into the drink. They walked up to him and forced him to swallow that spiked drink. The young Man refused to sip from the drink, he was eventually forced into tasting the drink.
(Watch video below)
It didn’t take quite long after tasting the drink, the young man fell to the ground and started vomiting some substances. This shows that the drink was poisoned and he had planned to kill his own friend with that poison if he was not caught.
Things like this happen everyday and some people are unlucky, a lot of people have died through this means. There are a few lessons to be learnt from this story in other to prevent something like this from happening in future;
1. Do not trust anybody. It doesn’t matter if the person is your friend or even your family member. A lot of people have gotten themselves killed just by trusting everyone around them.
2. When you go out with friends, don’t leave your drink or food unattended to. Make sure you are done eating before you go anywhere, or just leave the food and drink when you return. You can also carry your drink along with you if you don’t want to waste it. Don’t assume that the person you are with won’t try to harm you.
3. Be vigilant even when your drink is right in front of you, even one mistake can end your life. Always cover your drink even when at the table, because you can be poisoned just by turning your back. A lot of people have died just because they let small things distract them and get their attention away from their drinks or food.
4. Avoid taking any drink that was not opened in your presence because it may be spiked. Even when you visit someone it is better to take a canned or bottled drink, clean the top thoroughly before you open and drink it.